The training program for GLA:D™ Canada is a 1.5 day course that provides the education necessary to work with individuals who have osteoarthritis (OA) in their knees or hips or who are at high risk of developing OA (Pre- OA).
The program is appropriate for individuals who have a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and exercise prescription and who currently work with individuals who have OA or who are at high risk for developing OA (Pre- OA).
The program includes :
- The latest research on the degenerative process associated with OA
- The latest knowledge and evidence on OA management strategies
- How neuromuscular exercises can be used in the context of OA changes
- How to assist individuals to implement the neuromuscular stability into their every day lives
- Processes for registering program participants in the GLA:D™ Canada database
- How to implement the program at a clinic, in a hospital, in a wellness facility or in another appropriate setting including providing the group sessions
The GLA:D™ Canada training course is a comprehensive training program that allows trained providers to implement best practices in the management of individuals with OA into their every day clinical setting. The course is designed so that all the trained providers offer consistent education and treatment based on evidence that meets the program standards. This means that all individuals with hip and or knee OA who attend the program will receive evidence-based treatment regardless of geography and their economic position.
Following taking the GLA:D™ Canada training, the project team also provide additional support for trainers to implement the program in their work setting thereby helping them to build their practice using evidence based care.
Click here to register for the next course near you.