GLA:D™ Canada are pleased to announce the release of GLA:D Annual Report for 2018. The report “Implementation and outcomes” provides the data analysed from participants who went through the program up to the end of 2018.
- 20 courses have been provided to train health care professionals
- 760 clinicians have been trained of which 74% are physiotherapists
- 154 sites have launched in 7 provinces
- a mean 26% improvement in pain
- over 30% of individuals experiencing a marked improvement in activities of daily living and sports and recreation
- over 40% of individuals experiencing a marked improvement in quality of life
GLA:D® is an evidence-based program for treatment and management of osteoarthritic symptoms. GLA:D™ Canada is licensed to the Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation. It is currently being implemented by Bone and Joint Canada, a knowledge translation division of the Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation, with funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.